The Student News Site of Harrison High School

The Husky Herald

The Husky Herald

The Husky Herald

Students are actively involved in their communities to further protect their environment
The Importance of Lending a Helpful Hand
Teddie StevensApril 26, 2024

Acts of service are continuously abundant in our Harrison community, especially with the IB Program encouraging students to be involved in...

Newest Commodor: Harley was accepted to Vanderbilt University and will be attending next year.
Make Your Own Time
Harley Dichter, Student Contributor • February 8, 2022

“Of my daughters, I know that you’ll appreciate this the most,” my mom said as she handed me a brightly-colored wall calendar decorated...

RTH Titans Dominating with a 7-0 Record

Smith, Mike. Jack Mazella (Harrison) helps defend Goalie CJ Stumpf (Blind Brook) against the Cortlandt Rebels. MQS Media, 22 Nov. 2023.

The Rye Town Harrison Titans are out to the hottest start they’ve had in years. The Titans maintain an undefeated and league-leading record at 7-0 after a big win over a solid Carmel opponent this past Friday, December 22nd. They also have wins over Cortlandt (Panas, Putnam Valley, Lakeland), Mount Pleasant, ETBE (Edgemont, Tuckahoe, Bronxville, Eastchester), and North Rockland. For those of you who don’t know, the Rye Town Harrison Titans is Harrison’s varsity hockey team that also includes players from Portchester, Blind Brook, and Rye Neck High School. 

Last year, the Titans maintained a winning record but had difficulty closing out games that ultimately resulted in a mediocre record. The Titans are proving a newfound resiliency with their comeback 4-3 win after going down 3-2 to North Rockland on Tue. Dec 13.

Key players this season include senior captain Max Tse (Harrison), senior assistant captain Tyler Beardsley (Harrison), assistant captain Isaac Schultz (Harrison), Jack Mazzella (Harrison), Julian Gahr (Harrison), Peter Boraczek (Harrison), Alex Sabino (Harrison), Sean Mohr (Rye Neck), and goalie CJ Stumpf (Blind Brook). 

Tse netted two of four against North Rockland with Mazzella and Mohr picking up the rest. Goaltender CJ Stumpf backstopped the team with a solid 25 saves giving RTH a hardfought and deserving victory. The ETBE Eagles game on the 19th was a great showing for the team. Stumpf allowed one goal against 32 shots and Tse led the scoring with 3 goals. On the day before break, the team took on the Carmel Rams in somewhat of a rivalry matchup after three nail-biter games last year, two of which went to overtime. The Titans swept their meetings with the Rams last year and have improved their record to 5-0 over Carmel with two wins this year. 

Rye Town is looking like a serious league and section contender, especially after being ranked 4th in the section by a recent Lohud article. Head Coach Rich Myers had this to say, “The attitude on the team has improved tremendously. I’m extremely proud of our upperclassmen leaders and the way they have conducted themselves in showing the rest of the team what it’s like to play varsity hockey. Our effort has been great and we play with some serious speed. Jamie (Assistant Coach Jamie Funigiello) and I are big on effort plays and I think we’ve really been able to embody that mentality. We’re winning, so I’m happy.”